Manufacturer: Upper Deck
Product: 2017 Upper Deck Marvel Premier
Letting my comic book geek flag fly on this one. I like this product as a fan of Marvel comics. I had seen a lot of this open and liked what I saw.
I wish they would have artists I knew, I guess I need to do my homework on these guys, but I would pay the box price on this stuff, if I knew artists like Jim Lee, Todd McFarlane, Jose Quesada, and more from the mid – late 90’s.
Oh that and there literally are only 4 cards… Ha. I knew all of this going in and I still wanted to do a review.
I love the card stock again, on the sketch cards, I was reminded of days back when I was going for my Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Overall, I like the base card design, the characters, and the sketch pieces. I would like to see more established artists mixed in since the price per box is crazy high.
OVERALL RATING (Like, Love, Hate)
Ebay (Sold, Highest First)
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 5 cards per pack
- 1 pack per box
- 6 boxes per case
- 2 Base Cards per box
- 1 Oversize/Multi-Panel Sketch Card per box
- 1 Premium Insert Combine to Fall (I have no idea what this means…)
BASE CARDS – 2 per box
- 55 Card Set featuring all original art and #’d to 125!
- 3 Base Set Foil Parallels:
- Blue #’d to 50
- Gold #’d to 10
- Black #’d to 5
- SINGLE PANEL SKETCH CARDS – 1 per box
- OVERSIZE/MULTI-PANEL SKETCH CARDS – 1 per box
- Dual panel
- Triple panel
- Quad panel
- PREMIUM INSERTS COMBINE TO FALL – 1 per box
- Diecut Bronze Busts 1:2
- Diecut Bronze Busts LTFX version #’d to 15
- Classic Art Shadowbox 1:3
- Hellfire Club Portraits sketch cards #’d to 30